IH 45(S) to SH 288
- The Segment B FEIS was signed to the TxDOT Environmental Division on May 25, 2016 and was published in the Texas and Federal Registers on June 3, 2016. Comments will be accepted until July 11, 216.
- The Segment B DEIS was signed by the Federal Highway Administration on June 6, 2012 and was published in both the State and Federal Registers on June 29, 2012. The comment period will end on September 27, 2012.
- The Project Team is refining and developing candidate alternatives, based on public comments and input from local elected officials. The team is also conducting detailed analysis of each of the candidate alignments. This detailed analysis of each of the candidate alignments. This detailed analysis will include factors such as community impacts, traffic demand, ability to maintain circulation and access, hurricane evacuation efficiency and human and natural environmental impacts.
- The project's second round of public meetings were held on February 25, 2003 at Alvin Community College - two identical open house workshops held 2-4 p.m. and 6-8 p.m. The purpose of the workshops was to present and obtain public input on the preliminary transportation alternatives.
- The first public meeting, the Scoping Meeting (as required by NEPA). for SH 99 Segment B was held on Thursday, September 12, 2002 in Alvin, Texas. The purpose of this meeting was to present the project's purpose, process, and objectives and to provide public, local elected officials, and agencies an opportunity to identify their specific concerns and opinions prior to further study of the area.
- An agency kickoff meeting was held in August 2002, to brief state and federal resource agencies, local officials and others about the proposed project and to solicit their comments.
- Notice of Intent to prepare an environmental impact statement for Segment B of SH 99 were published in the Federal Register and the Texas Register in August 2002.